Saturday, September 25, 2010

News

What's happening lately? There are a number of things in the works at the moment. My friend and artist Brett Williams is working on a book trailer for Far Beyond the Pale. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with it.

But wait, that's not all! If everything goes well I should be doing a reading soon at the Missouri River Regional Library in Jefferson City. More details to come as they are available.

Also, I've joined the group at Orr Street Studio where I'll have a working office. I did a reading there last year and I loved the atmosphere and immediately wished I could become a part of it. Starting next month I will be. It's particularly inspiring to be around such creative people who are also interested in being apart of a creative community.

I was looking at what Press 53 is doing with publishing and their center in Winston-Salem, North Carolina and I'm thinking about the steps they've taken to support writers. I wonder if Columbia and MidMo in general is big enough to support something like this? I wonder if there are enough writers who would want to get involved? Checkout Press 53:

http://www.press53.com/CenterforCreativeWriting.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers